Your office is a fire hazard. Your desk is covered with crap. Despite acute attempts to go paperless, the mailman continues to deliver reams of catalogues, credit-card offers and other dead-tree items to your door. And your Quicken log hasn’t been categorized in months. Here’s the catch: you can’t create wealth while waging war with ongoing chaos. Wealth, like any organic matter, needs space and light to grow.
Need help getting organized? You could:
- banish junk drawers, or better yet, banish junk.
- try a modified version of the six-month “maybe” box
- bite the nerd bullet and get a label maker
- keep a recycling basket next to your desk and toss any junk mail into it. (the trees will thank you.)
- go as paperless as you comfortably can.
Learn more about these ideas and more in this article on LifeHacker.com: Clean Your Workspace — and Keep it That Way.